Finding your perfect estate agency can be difficult and as experienced estate agents in Harrow and all other surrounding areas, we know this is common. All estate agents have different ways of working, and many do not work to certify their customers get the best possible result. We understand how important buying a selling a property is for our customers which is is the reason we work as hard as we can to make sure that our customers receive the greatest outcome and experience. Most people can’t grasp what they should be looking for and as an end result see themselves relying on marketing tricks – which is not what you should be looking for.
In this article you will find out:
What exactly do estate agents do ?What you should be looking out for when looking for an estate agentWhat questions you should ask an estate agentHow to select your estate agent
What Estate Agents Do Exactly?
Estate agents work hard on the behalf of the person they are selling for, to do the following things:
- Conduct and arrange viewings
- Value a property
- Market it to potential buyers
- Provide or arrange ancillary services ( Mortgages, conveyance, surveys, HIPs)
- Manage offers
- Liaise with other professionals involved in the process – mortgage, providers, solicitors, surveyors (chains)
- Hand over the keys on completion day
What To Look Out For When Looking For An Estate Agent
Steer clear of the agent who always tells you what you want to hear. This is vital if you are to trust them – Be certain they are being realistic and not optimistic.
Always read the contract. So simple still so many people fail to do it, either that or they simply scan through thinking they have read it all in the past. When it comes to something so important, i.e. selling your property, you should always know precisely what you’re getting yourself in to and any potential implications.
Gut instinct. If you don’t feel completely comfortable giving them the responsibility of helping you buy or sell your property, then find someone else. You’d be surprised at the amount of people that will tell you to follow your gut instinct. At times like these, that ‘feeling’ you get, won’t let you down.
Are they willing to go the extra mile for you? Estate agents work very hard even before they get any money from you. Even though this comes with their job, some estate agents work a lot harder than others. Is your estate agent showing willingness to go that extra mile for you?
Incompetency. Numerous estate agents aren’t aware of how to sell in a falling market. Select an agent who is knowledgeable when it comes to selling properties like yours. Because we are experienced estate agents in Harrow, we know all about keeping on track of things, and know how to sell, no matter what the market condition.
Costs. How much does the estate agent charge? Are there additional hidden costs? Is the estate agent genuine? Ask to view their terms and conditions. How binding is the agreement?
Does the estate agent have the ability to keep everyone satisfied?. Ask for examples of recent deals and problems that might occur in the market – you need to know your estate agent has the ability to keep everyone happy.
Questions to ask an estate agent
- How much experience do you have?
- How long have you been an estate agent for?
- What experience do you have in selling properties like mine?
- What amount of viewings did they have and how long did it take to sell them?
- What kind of properties have you sold recently, and what prices were achieved?
- Do you have many buyers on your books looking for properties similar to mine? (An estate agent as good as they claim should have a selection of potential viewers to immediately contact.)
- How will you promote my property? (When they answer this imagine yourself as the potential buyer: would you be impressed?)
- What are the minimum and maximum prices for my property? What price do you think my property should be placed on at the market at?
- What are your charges – and when will I be paying?
How to find the best estate agent:
Word of mouth is one of the most effectively forms of marketing and can spread a good or bad experience with a particular estate agent very quickly. Ask around and find out if the estate agent(s) you are interested in have a reputation. If they do, is it a good one? If they do not have any reputation, maybe their service is none other than average. A good reputation certainly makes them more desirable and valuable. It’s never good to base your decision on the fact that estate agents in your area have a large number of ‘for sale’ boards. This might mean they are dynamic and successful but isn’t a reason for you to jump to any immediate decisions. They could well have also have attracted a lot of sellers as a result of over-optimistic and unreliable valuations.
How To select Your Estate Agent
Ask and compare – To find suitable with all the above points considered, ask several to value your property. Look into your local newspaper, drive round your area and speak to family, friends or neighbours. Take a few weeks to research and monitor which agents are selling properties locally.
Once you have found the agents who have sold properties similar to your own. Visit their offices, you can use your first impression to decide whether or not their services are suitable for your needs and are going to deliver adequate results.
When you visit, make sure:
- The staff are welcoming – Friendly and welcoming faces always make people comfortable, the more comfortable somebody feels around a person, the more likely that person will trust what they are selling and buy from them.
- Make sure they can explain what’s happening to prices local to you and the amount of buyers there are for each property for sale.
- Are they helpful in offering explanations for different prices of properties like yours?
- Can they easily find property information? And how efficient are they on the subject?
We are aware of the fact that it’s a difficult task to find suitable estate agents, and we all want to find our perfect one, who will successfully sell your home. With years of training, hard work and expertise we can deliver the greatest results to save you stress and time. As experience Harrow estate agent, we hope you can apply the knowledge we have given you to finding the best possible estate agent for you. If you are searching for an estate agent in Harrow, contact us now at Brian Cox and Company, we will make it our goal to deliver the best possible results.
- Finding A Good Buyer Agent (jackbarryrealtors.com)
- Beware of Rental Scams (jackbarryrealtors.com)
- Looking to buy your first home (jackbarryrealtors.com)
- On the Market: “Just Like Grandma Used to Decorate” in Noe Valley (sf.curbed.com)
- Sound off (sfgate.com)